Στόχοι Προγράμματος για τους Φοιτητές
What role do digital media, particularly social media play in the economy, politics and everyday life? How have social media changed the practice of journalism, public relations and advertising? The MA in Digital media and Communications addresses these and similar questions that have emerged out of the rise of social media and their increasing domination of the media and communication professions.
This program offers a critical analysis of the operation, functions, use, embeddedness and ramifications of social media in a globalized, networked society. It is aimed at people who wish to acquire a critical understanding of social media and learn how to analyze and mobilize them strategically. The program emphasizes on an evidence-based, scientific examination of current and emerging digital media practices and trends and helping students develop their ability to successfully utilize social media in the practice of journalism, public relations, marketing and advertising. Objectives:
The objectives of the MA in Digital Media and Communications are to provide a critical understanding of current theories, key concepts and new research methods related to social mediainvestigate institutional, social and technical factors shaping social media practices examine social media practices by a variety of actors, including journalists, businesses, politicians and publics enable students to develop effective social media strategies in the practice of journalism, public relations, political lobbying, marketing and advertising.
On completion of the programme the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of mass communication processes
- Demonstrate improved competence in dealing with media production and consumption
- Comprehend media production and criticize media content in a constructive manner
- Excibit a specialty in particular areas, in order to prepare for careers in media research, public relations, journalism, media criticism, advertising, media management and media regulation
- Pursue career development in the media and/or secure high-level employment in media-related professions
- Further their theoretical and analytical research competencies by pursuing doctoral studies